Paris Figure Skating Club Code of Conduct
SKATERS Code of Conduct
As a member of our club, all skaters, parents, coaches and board members must adhere to this Code of Conduct at all times.
Paris Figure Skating Club is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for member’s physical, emotional and social development and ensuring that it promotes an environment free of misconduct. This Code of Conduct has been established to ensure the safety of all members. Our club has a zero tolerance for bullying.
- All Skaters, regardless of whether they hold home club, associate, non-member or guest status must follow and uphold the principles in the Code of Conduct regarding behaviour on and off the ice. All club members and parents are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship and to be courteous towards fellow skaters, coaches, parents of skaters, Skate Canada Officials and guests.
- Our club is committed to promoting a positive and friendly environment for all skaters. Remember to treat others like you want to be treated and with respect.
Upon a violation of the Code of Conduct, the Paris Figure Skating Club will proceed with the following the disciplinary action:
First offence: Verbal warning by a club coach and/or Paris Figure Skating Club board of director. Parents will be present if the skater is under the age of majority and if possible.
Second offence: Skater will be asked to leave the ice for the remainder of the session.
Third offence: Suspension from all Club programs without compensation for 1 week. This includes all competitions and test days.
Fourth offence: Skater may be asked to leave the club at the board’s discretion with refund for the remaining unused ice time.
The Paris Figure Skating Club has the right to refuse membership to any member for future sessions. Any illegal activity will result in immediate suspension from the club.
The Paris Figure Skating Club is a volunteer-run organization. We are dedicated to the sport of skating and the continued existence and success of our organization. If any member has an issue or ideas that needs to be addressed, please bring it forward in writing to any board member or coach. It is our goal to address any and all issues in a timely and satisfactory manner. There are also numerous opportunities to get involved in the Paris Figure Skating Club executive if you would like to take part in decisions affecting your Paris Figure Skating Club.
Parent Code of Conduct
Parents are expected to support their child’s participation in skating activities hosted by the Paris Figure Skating Club and also to help create a positive sporting environment for all, by abiding by the Code of Conduct.
All parents must:
1. Treat the facilities, its employees, other parents, skaters, coaches, league officials, visitors, and all other visitors with care and respect. The use of abusive, threatening, dangerous, criminal or violent behavior and foul or abusive language is not permitted anywhere in the building or grounds. Exercise control and restraint when dealing with difficult issues.
2. Place the well-being and safety of their child above the training. Be supportive of your child to participate in their chosen sport. Remember, they should skate for their enjoyment.
3.Attempts to gain competitive advantage through improper sportsmanship techniques will not be tolerated.
4. Do not approach coaches while they are on the ice to discuss your child. Please make arrangements with your coach outside of ice time.
5. Never in public question the judges’ decision making and never their honesty.
6. Never ridicule or humiliate their child or others for making mistake.
7. Help your child and others to work towards improving their skill and show good
Do not compare your child to another, recognise that all skaters progress at their own pace. Be proud of your child’s accomplishments.
8. Never appear at the arena or any activities hosted by the club under the influence of alcohol
and/or illegal substances.
9. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to be aware of all Paris Figure Skating Club activities, such as test days, carnival, time changes, and dates the ice is cancelled. The Paris Figure Club will post notices and information on the website, through emails, on our bulletin board at the arena and in the Skater’s handbook. It is the parent’s responsibility to check with the board members or the website to ensure they are informed. It is the parent’s responsibility to inform the Club of any email, phone or address changes.
10. Paris Figure Skating Club will not be held responsible or liable for care of the skater before or after ice time and/or off ice classes. The Club regards safety as a priority and will always look after the well-being of a student. Calls will be made to the parent/guardian for skaters left for excessive amounts of time. If a parent leaves the rink, they must delegate another adult to be responsible for their child.
The Paris Figure Skating Club is a volunteer-run organization. We are dedicated to the sport of skating and the continued existence and success of our organization. If any member has an issue or idea that needs to be addressed, please bring it forward in writing to any board member or coach. It is our goal to address any and all issues in a timely and satisfactory manner. There are also numerous opportunities to get involved in the Paris Figure Skating Club executive if you would like to take part in decisions affecting the Paris Figure Skating Club.